About the Photographer
Back to Welcome Page
Julie Sitney, a photographer and musician, lives in Saugerties, NY, and New York City. She received a BA in Comparative Literature from
Fordham University and an MA in Environmental Conservation Education from New York University. She photographs in 35mm film and digital, and she uses
her own photographs for mixed media collages. She studied photography at the School of Visual Arts, International Center of Photography,
and the Center for Photography at Woodstock. She worked in the field of publishing for many years and was the staff photographer at a
non-profit organization in New York City where she photographed events and scientific products for publication in scholarly journals. She travels whenever possible
and photographs street scenes, musicians, environmental themes, flora and fauna, and landscapes.
She also photographs aerial landscapes of the Hudson Valley, evening landscapes, and the night sky.
Contact information: JSitney@UpstatePhotos.com
- Rondout Savings Bank, "Assorted Works," West Hurley, NY
March 2013 - March, 2015
- VARGA Gallery, "Dream Birds, Spirit Birds," Woodstock, NY
- VARGA Gallery, "Walking On," Woodstock, NY
- Montgomery Row Second Level, "Seen From Above," Rhinebeck, NY
January 3 - February 28, 2009
- Café Mezzaluna, "Aerials and Landscapes of the Hudson Valley and Beyond,"
Saugerties, NY, June 28 - August 2, 2008
- Gallery Lev Shalem, Woodstock, NY
- The Human Spirit, juried by James Cox, August 2015
- The Natural World, juried by Cornelia Seckel and Ray Steiner, June 2015
- Kingston-Ulster Airport, Kingston NY
- Aviation Photo and Art Exhibit, June 2012
- SUNY Ulster, Stone Ridge, NY
- WATER: A Regional Show juried by Portia Munson, April 2012
- Woodstock Artists Association & Museum, Woodstock, NY
- Radius 50, juried, August 2017
- Holiday Show, December 2015
- October Group Show, juried, October 2015
- Small Works, juried, October 2015
- Noteworthy, juried, July 2015
- In the Realm of the Senses, juried, September 2014
- Small Works, juried, April 2013
- Holiday Show, November 2012
- POV: Social Commentary, juried, September 2012
- July Group Show, juried, July 2012
- Small Works, juried, June 2012
- Holiday Show, December 2011
- July Group Show, juried, July 2011
- Drawings, Sculpture and Photographs, juried, July 2009
- Wings, juried, December 2008
- Holiday Show, November 2008
- Grey Matter, juried, October 2008
- Stamens & Pistils, juried, June 2008
- VARGA Gallery, Visionary Art Collective, Woodstock, NY
- 12x12 Exhibit, November 2012
- Group shows, 2008-2012
- Garden Cafe, Woodstock, NY
- Art Exhibit Curated by Christina Varga, November 2012
- Jay Street Gallery, Schenectady, NY
- Holiday Show, December 2009
- Woodstock School of Art, Woodstock, NY
- Banks of the Hudson, national juried, August 2009
- Woodstock Arts Fair, October 2008, November 2009, November 2010, November 2012
- Photographs for the Population Council, New York City, 2011 - 2015
- Photo of "The Mob of Angels," printed on the CD, "Since the Beginning: Ritual Drumming,"
with Layne Redmond and the Mob of Angels, 1993.
- Photo of "The Mob of Angels," published in When the Drummers Were Women:
A Spiritual History of Rhythm, Layne Redmond, Three Rivers Press, May 27, 1997.
- Aerial Photo of Kingston-Ulster Airport, AOPA,
AOPA Flight Training Magazine, October, 2005.
- Poster Photograph for the Saugerties Lighthouse Between-the-Tides Festival, August 2008
- Cover Photograph, "Celebrating Kingston 2009," Calendar, City of Kingston
and the Arts Society of Kingston, NY.
Back to Welcome Page